4/13/2007

Happy Atheist's and Non-Believers Day

April 13th, the birthdays of Thomas Jefferson and Madalyn Murray O-Hair, are observed as Atheist's Day or the Non-Believers Day. Here is a snippet from www.americanatheist.org if you want to know the history behind it :)
Thomas Jefferson and Madalyn Murray O'Hair were both born on April 13. Jefferson was not only the author of the American Declaration of Independence from England, but he believed so strongly in the separation of church and state that he ended tax support of churches in Virginia and other colonies. Madalyn Murray O'Hair brought atheism to the forefront of American law, and founded our organization. Her departure is a mystery, but her vision and courage are history, quite clear enough to celebrate.
Personally, I will spend some time of the day reading proofs #108 to #149 of Hundred's of Proofs of God's Existence. At this point, I also plan to change my church. Effective 30 minutes past noon on the 13th day of the 4th month of 2007, I will consider myselves a proud member of the "Church of Reality". I severe all my relations from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which for some divine reason was never powerful enough to fill some of the low pressure vaccum in my life

5 comments:

mp said...

Oh Reality! I checked out the website, and my first thought was that seems too real to be true! :)

nairmuse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nairmuse said...

You should check out this link.


They actually managed to get a tax exempt status from the IRS.

mp said...

I do believe it's real. (If it's real I believe in it! :) )

I'll check them out in detail later, but for now I should get back to my intellectual tithing :)

Anonymous said...

completly random comment, but you DO know that charvaka was against inductive reasoning (aka science)