8/13/2006

Zen and Hindu beliefs are demonic.

So says Christian Evengelist Albert Mohler, President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. You can view the video clip on youtube. Its an old clip, but I just came across it. Quoting Mohler,

I would have to say that as a Christian that I believe that any belief system, any worldview, whether it’s Zen Buddhism or Hinduism or dialectical materialism for that matter, Marxism, that keeps persons captive and keeps them from coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ ... is a demonstration of satanic power.

Without any offence to Mohler's belief or questioning his right to express it, I believe that he is stupid and dumb to make such a statement in the media. Its very very different from cracking a joke (about what you don't believe) with your friends over a weekend beer party. I hope the Southern Baptists choose a more diplomatic leader next time.

I see a future takeover for Pat Robertson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently added a news widget from www.widgetmate.com to my blog. It shows the latest news, and just took a copy and paste to implement. Might interest you too.